I’ve just got back from tonight’s AMITPRO meeting where I was speaking about InfoPath (if your still wondering what InfoPath is I’ll post about this soon!)
All in all I was pleased with how it went down and got some great comments from people there
Since I’m my own worse enemy when it comes to things I do I’m going to critique myself to make sure I learn!
If the ultimate goal was to give everyone an overall view of what InfoPath is, how it works, how much it costs, etc I think i achieved that. Driving back i thought of a couple of things I’d have liked to improve
1) Slides – some slides I skipped over far too quickly. I’d put the slide in there for a reason so why bother not using it?
2) Specific plan – I would have no hope of memorising some sort of script, etc so my plan was to use the slides as prompts and then talk from my own knowledge and experience which I think generally worked ok but i possibly over emphasised some things and glossed over other points altogether as I tried to make sure I covered everything. The other problem with this is that if I had to give the same presentation again it would probably be very different. It also meant I sort of dwindled away instead of having a clear specific ending
3) Speed – it felt to me like I raced through the entire thing though obviously that’s just my perspective as I was concentrating on recalling other things while talking at the same time
4) Demos – My demos weren’t as structured as I’d have liked (this sort of follows on from point 2) which I sometimes ended up wandering down dead ends
We rarely have group members speak at meetings so it was personally big deal for me to get it right. If you were there tonight thanks for your attention. Any feedback you have (good or bad!) is appreciated
I enjoyed the whole experience though I could probably do with a laptop upgrade :-)
Latest posts by Andy Parkes (see all)
- Failed to Convert the Virtual Disk - June 14, 2020
- Tech Support Scam – McAfee Variant - May 5, 2020
- OnePlus 6T No Internet Connection After Switching From Wireless - February 3, 2020