Busy busy weekend to go before the busy week I’m expecting!
This morning I got a call from a remote user to say they couldn’t set message flags when using Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2003)
I logged into an account on the same server and had no problems setting the flag
Then I discovered they were using IE8 so fired up my laptop (I’m still using IE7 on the desktop at work because I keep bumping into compatibility issues) and sure enough I had the same problem and noticed IE was reporting a script error
Luckily I didn’t have to look too hard
Error message when you click the flag icon of a message in the message list view in Outlook Web Access 2003 when you are using Internet Explorer 8: "’firstchild.firstchild’ is null or not an object"
I’ve applied the hotfix in the article and the problem has been solved!